Sinai is the land of contrasts, from the simple Bedouin shelters embraced by the high rough mountains to the very modern diving resorts extending along the amazing beaches of the Red Sea.
Discover the richness of the nature of the unique bridge between Asia and Africa and trek in the very same wilderness where Moses and Israelite got lost for 40 years. From mountains to valleys, trekking in Sinai is an experience out of this world.
Upon arrival at Sharm El-Sheik International Airport our representative will meet and assist you with passport control, customs formalities and handling your luggage. Afterwards, transfer to your hotel.
St. Catherine Monstery
In the very early morning, drive from Sharm el-Sheik deep into the Sinai Peninsula to the monastery of St. Catherine. After your guided visit through the monastery enjoy lunch in the close-by guesthouse of the monastery. In the afternoon, feel free to climb the highest peak in Egypt, Mt. Catherine or explore the spectacular mountain range around the monastery on your own.
Mt. Sinai, Wadi Arada, Double Canyon & el-Gona Plateau
At around 2 in the morning, start climbing Mt. Sinai (2285m/7496ft), which is believed to be the very place where Moses received the Ten Commandments and where Israel gathered during the flight from Egypt:
The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to Me on the mountain and be there; and I will give you tablets of stone, and the law and commandments which I have written, that you may teach them.” Exodus 24,12.
Once upon the summit, have time to rest and recall the biblical account while watching the myriads of stars above. At the time of dawn, watch the sunrise over the peeks of Sinai and let the tenderness of the endless open space extend to your inner soul. A remarkable and spiritual experience!
After your descent, return to the guesthouse for breakfast and have some time to rest in your room. Then drive to Wadi Arada and spend a relaxing time in the Double Canyon.
After lunch, start you camel trek and ascend el-Gona Plateau (1.700m/5.577ft high and 50km/31mi long) which separates the southeast and midwest of the Sinai Peninsula. Spend the rest of the day on this high plateau enjoying the fantastic views of mountains and endless deserts.
el-Gona Plateau, Wadi Zalagha and Zaranig Canyons
After breakfast, enjoy a pleasant trek through Farsh el-Gona and Wadi Zalagha. Relax at el-Malagha for lunch and proveed to the Zaranig Canyons for dinner and overnight.
Spend a whole day in the largest and deepest of the Zaranig canyons. Stop on your way for lunch and tea and enjoy the spectacular landscape.
Zaranig Canyons and Abu Turefia
Explore another of the Zaranig Canyons and discover their individual character. Afterwards, proceed to Nabq Abu Turefia and admire the beautiful scenery before trekking down the valley and preparing your camp for dinner and overnight.
Abu Turefia, Wadi Tbeiq, Zigzag Canyon, Wadi Arada, Sharm el-Sheik
In the early morning, leave Abu Turefia and walk throug Wadi Tbeiq on your way to Zigzag Canyon. After your explorations in the canyon, return to Wadi Arada from where you will drive back to Sharm el-Sheik.
The Golden Beaches of Sharm el-Sheik
After you have been trekking through the rough landscape of the Sinai Peninsula, treat yourself witha luxurious five star hotel on the golden beaches of Sharm el-Sheikh.
In the morning, drive to Sharm El-Sheik International Airport for final departure.
All our tours are private tours including private transportation and private guiding.
- Entrance Visa to Egypt (app. 12 €).
- 5 days trekking through the Sinai Peninsula including camping in Bedouin camps or the desert, 1 night stay in Sharm el-Sheik on halb board basis in a good middle class hotel, 4 nights stay in Sharm el-Sheik in a very good 5 star hotel with beach access.
- Transfers to and from the airport in Sharm el-Sheik.
- Transportation by private modern & tourism-licensed a/c vehicles (Sharm el-Sheik to St. Catherine).
- Transportation from Wadi Arada to Sharm el-Sheik (usually in a 4×4 car), transportation by jeeps during the trek (if necessary).
- Camel trek from day 3 to day 7 including experienced Bedouin guides, pack camels for your luggage, extra camels for riding if you like.
- Companionship by a representative of ITERU.
- ITERU sleeping bags, sleeping pads and tents.
- Full board during the trek, all-inclusive in Sharm el-Sheik.
- Recommended gratuities.
- All admission fees.
- All government permissions.
Not included: Intl. flights, personal expenses, everything not mentioned above.
All prices are inclusive of all mentioned services and valid throughout the year except major holidays during the high season. Please inquire for details.
- Private tour, 1 to 9 people: please inquire for individual pricing.
- Private tour, 10 to 25 people:1150 €
- Private tour, 26 and more: please inquire for individual pricing.
Customize Your Tour
Please feel free to provide us with your own ideas and preferences about your tour. Our travel professionals will be happy to tailor your personalized tour exactly as you want it to be!