And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. (Lk 2,7)
Celebrate the birth of Christ in the very place the bible tells us about and join Christians from all over the world for the Midnight Mass on December, 24th.
Note: This tour is offered every year for the respective dates. The announced times of the procession and mass programm may change. Please inquire for details and individualized itineraries. We also have tour for Coptic Christmas in Egypt!
Day 1: 21st of December
Upon arrival and after completing formalities (luggage, passport control and customs) you will be met by your driver and transferred to your hotel in the Old City of Jerusalem for dinner & overnight.
Day 2: 22nd of December
After breakfast, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an introduction. The day starts with a walking tour of the Old City of Jerusalem starting with the Palace of Antonia & the Roman Soldier’s Camp. Also, visit the Church of St. Anne and the Pool of Bethesda, walk along the Via Dolorosa, the Stations of the Cross and finish the tour at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Golgotha Stone.
Afterwards, proceed to the Temple Mount area with the Wailing Wall and al-Aqsa Mosque. Continue to Mt. Zion to visit the Church of St. Peter in Galicantu and head back to your hotel in Jerusalem for dinner & overnight.
Day 3: 23rd of December
Mt. of Olives & Ein Kerem
After breakfast, board your coach to the Mt. of Olives for a panoramic view of the Old City of Jerusalem. Visit the Churches of Ascension and Pater Noster (the Lord’s Prayer) and continue walking down to the Garden and Church of Gethsemane with a stop on the way at the Church of Dominus Flevit. Continue to visit Ein Karem the home of John the Babtist before reaching Bethlehem for dinner and overnight at your hotel.
Day 4: 24th of December
Procession and Mass program
- 1.00 pm at the Tomb of Rachel: His Beatitude, the Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, Fouad Twal, is welcomed by, Latin Parish Priest of Bethlehem and representatives of Bethlehem, Beit Jala and Beit Sahour.
- 2.30 pm at the Manger Square: Solemn Entry of His Beatitude into the Basilica of the Nativity and St. Catherine Church followed by Pontifical Vespers.
- 4.00 pm at St. Catherine: Daily Procession to the Nativity Grotto.
- 9.00 pm at St. Catherine: The Church opens (Tickets required).
- 11.15 pm at St. Catherine: Solem "Office of Readings"
You may choose to participate only in the Midnight Mass on this day, which gives you more time to visit the Churches of Nativity & St. Catherine and the Shepherd’s Field. Return to your hotel in Bethlehem for dinner. After Midnight Mass return to your hotel for overnight.
Day 5: 25th of December
A free day in Bethlehem. A Christmas lunch or dinner can be arranged for your group as per your wishes. Overnight in Bethlehem.
Day 6: 26th of December
Jericho & The Dead Sea
After breakfast visit the Old City of Jericho and Elija’s Fountain. Also, visit the Mt. of Temptation. Head on to the Dead Sea & Qumran, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. On your return, drive to the Good Samaritan Inn and return to your hotel in Jericho for dinner and overnight.
Day 7: 27th of December
Nazareth and its Vicinity
An early morning start. After breakfast board your coach to Cana where Jesus performed his first miracle, turning water into wine at Cana’s wedding. Then move on to Nazareth to visit the Church of Annunciation, the Carpentry, Mary’s Well, the House of Joseph and the Synagogue. Optional: Pay a visit to Mt. Tabor. Dinner and overnight at your hotel in Nazareth.
Day 8: 28th of December
Sea of Galilee & Tiberias:
After breakfast, enjoy a full day journey on the footsteps of Jesus: Start with a visit to the River Jordan, where Jesus was baptized and continue to Tabgha, the site of the Loaves & Fish Miracle. Head on to Capernaum & the Mt. of Beatitudes. Afterwards, return to the hotel in Nazareth for dinner and overnight.
Day 9: 29th of December
Nazareth to Ben Gurion Airport
Transfer to Ben Gurion airport for return flight back home or extensions.
All our tours are private tours including private transportation and private guiding.
- Meet & Assist at Tel Aviv Airport.
- 8 nights stay in mentioned places in good middle class hotels or church guesthouses (please tell us about your preferences), all overnight stays incl. breakfast.
- All mentioned sightseeing tours, including transportation by private modern & tourism-licensed a/c vehicles (according to group size).
- Professional guiding by a qualified & tourism-licensed guide, spiritual and faith oriented guiding available.
- Extra time for prayers and meditation throughout the tour.
- Chances to meet local congregations and attend local services (please let us know about your interests at the time of booking).
- Half board (breakfast + dinner, excl. beverages).
- Recommended gratuities.
- Travel Security Consultation prior to and throughout your tour.
- Special services for church groups and study groups.
We provide a number of optional services for pilgrims, such like spiritual guiding, services, or spiritual exercises. Please inquire for details and provide us with your interests.
All prices are inclusive of all mentioned services and valid throughout the year except major holidays during the high season. Please inquire for details.
- Private tour, 1 to 4 people: Please inquire for individual pricing.
- Private tour, 5 to 9 people: 1575 €
- Private tour, 10 to 17 people: 1285 €
- Private tour, 18 to 26 people: 1175 €
- Private tour, 27 to 36 people: 985 €
- Private tour, 37 and more: Please inquire for individual pricing.
Customize Your Tour
Please feel free to provide us with your own ideas and preferences about your tour. Our travel professionals will be happy to tailor your personalized tour exactly as you want it to be!